Thursday, July 5, 2012

Where did Jack go?

Before we made it to Shasta I was having trouble with my knees. Since my discomfort was getting progressively worse with each day of riding I decided to take some time off the bike and recover. Some of you noticed that I was not in the group pictures. Over the next week I was taken care of by my Mom's former college roommate Diane Carter near Portland, OR. My hope was to rejoin the rest of the guys when they caught up to me in Portland, and continue on this cross country tour. Unfortunately, this is not going to happen. Today as I rode from the Carter's house to our new warm shower destination, my knees told me that I would have to leave the group. It is too bad that I have to drop out. Unless, we can find a side car attachment, or Gabriel decides that I am more important to carry than all of his gear. So long Portlandcruzians. Have a nice ride and stay safe. See you back on the best coast.

Jack

A few pictures from recovery week at the Carters. Thanks for keeping me company!




5 comments:

  1. Jack, I bet you're disappointed but I'm glad you're listening to your knees--you will have them for the rest of your life and you need them. I'm still trying to figure out how the others were going to tow you with a rope!?
    Sincerely,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. sidecar ftw! feel better, jack! :)
    -meg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack,

    I am sorry to hear you can't rejoin the group! As Gretchen said, it's good to listen to your knees as they will carry you through life. Thanks to this amazing website, you can follow along vicariously through the posts and photos and reconvene on the "best" coast.
    Best, Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the exciting posts.....we are enjoying your detailed, and humorous notes (with the pictures, too!) Our prayers are with you Matt and your biking buddies!

    ReplyDelete